Call for papers
The 2nd Icelandic Fisheries Conference took place on day two of the Icelandic Fisheries Exhibition, 14th September 2017.
The Fish Waste for Profit conference covered topics highlighting ways to maximise the return on investment (ROI) from seafood products by using as much of the fish as possible and discarding a minimal amount during processing. This year's programme tackled the various uses for fish waste; from the creation of products with large market capacities such as fertilisers, animal feeds and biofuels, and progressing to products requiring a high level of processing such as textiles, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
The call for papers for the 2017 Conference has now closed. Companies, organisations and individuals were invited to put forward papers in the following categories:
- Large scale processing of fish waste:
- fish oils
- animal feeds
- Uses of discarded fish skin:
- tanning for textiles
- medicinal applications
- High value products:
- products for human consumption
- New and innovative processing methods and equipment
- Fish waste: a big business
- investment case studies, why invest, what to look for
- the economic benefits of using the whole fish - success stories from companies who have maximised their returns
- Extracting value from crustacean shell waste
Abstracts using case and 'real life' studies will be given precedence.
Abstracts should be no more than 200 words and should be sent, with a biography of the speaker, headshot photo and logo, to email@example.com by 31st May 2017 at the latest.
Be one of the first to hear when the programme has been released - subscribe to free enewsletters here! For further information about speaking, sponsoring or attending as a delegate, contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335.